Hi dear friends! I am so thrilled to see on social media that so many of you have received my best selling book 'Quilt Petite' for Christmas, and already making or planning your projects from it! By popular demand, we decided to run a sew-along too, so you can share your amazing creations with other makers! What fun!
This will be an Instagram sew-along, and not only do you get to showcase your makes, each round will have some amazing prizes to win, courtesy of one of my favourite fabric shops, Ministry of Fabric. There will also be a supa-dupa amazeballs grand prize for the overall winner of the sew-along! My lovely friend and uber talented designer Amy Sinibaldi (who is also a fellow Tuva author!) kindly agreed to be our guest judge and she will be picking the winners at the end of each round.
Here are the details of how the sew-along will work:
- This will be an Instagram sew-along, running from 6 February - 2 April.
- There will be four rounds, each lasting two weeks to give you plenty of time to plan and make your projects. The first round kicks off on Monday, 6 February.
- Don't forget to use the hashtag #QUILTPETITESAL on your posts to be in the running to win prizes, and so other makers can find your posts too.
- You can enter either projects that you have already made (I have seen some amazing ones already!) as well as any new makes.
- The grand prize winner will be selected from all the entries throughout the duration of the sew-along.
- Follow me @downgrapevinelane on Instagram to make sure you don't miss any of the announcements in relation to the sew along (as well as pics of the prizes for each round!)
- Open worldwide, public Instagram accounts only (as we can't see your makes under the hashtag if you have a private account).
So get planning, as we kick off the first round on Monday! Here is what the winner of this round will receive, courtesy of Ministry of Fabric: 6 fat quarters of fabric, Aurifil floss in matching colours, and 2m of lace trim. I so love these pretty colours together!
If you haven't already got my book you can get it from Amazon, Bookdepository, Barnes & Noble, Fat Quarter Shop, as well as many other booksellers and stores. In Australia, you can order it from your local quilt shop, or on Booktopia, Dymocks, Angus & Robertson, and Fishpond. I can't wait to see everyone's makes!